Chamomile Essential Oil or also known as Babuna Essential Oil has many health benefits. It is extracted from the blossom (flower) of the plant. We at Puja Perfumery prepare this chamomile oil by using the technique of steam-distillation in which flowers are kept in a still and then hot steam is applied to them so that extracts of the flower can be collected in a container. This extract in oil form can then be mixed with other products such as in medicines, cosmetics, hair colors, toothpaste, etc. to infuse anti-inflammatory properties in them. However, it is hard to find 100% pure and natural Chamomile Essential Oil in this wide commercial market of essential oils. Puja Perfumery – India’s best perfumery or best essential oil manufacturer in India has been preparing pure chamomile essential oil for years. This best quality affordable chamomile essential oil is only available on the official website of Puja Perfumery – https://www.pujaperfumery.com/. Read our blog to know more about benefits of chamomile essential oil.
Benefits of Chamomile Essential Oil
Over the centuries, we can notice the use of pure Chamomile essential oil in the medical and ancient texts of Egypt, Greece and India. It has anti-inflammatory properties due to which it is highly used for treating many common problems related to hair, skin, etc. Some benefits of chamomile essential oil are –
- problems related to digestion, indigestion, nausea or gas
- to heal wounds like ulcers or sores
- to get relief from anxiety
- for skin conditions like eczema and rashes
- as a pain relief for back pain, arthritis, neuralgia
- in toothpaste to relieve swollen gums
- promotes sleep
Great Health Benefits of Chamomile Essential Oil
- Digestive Upset – Chamomile oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. So, it offers protection against diarrhea and fluid accumulation in the intestines. Also, diluted chamomile essential oil helps in reducing the bowel activity after a cesarean delivery and helps in getting the appetite back. It also has muscle-relaxing properties, that’s why it is widely used for indigestion and cramping.
- Wound Healing – Chamomile Essential Oil when used in ointments can heal severe wounds and reduces itchiness and redness as it has anti-inflammatory properties. It is more effective than ointments that has tetracycline and placebo in it.
- Depression – Depression, anxiety and insomnia are common problem in today’s world and maximum people experience this problem. After eight weeks of treatment with chamomile extract, researchers observed a significant reduction in depression symptoms. Chamomile essential oil, however, should not be ingested, even though chamomile extract can be consumed orally. So, you can use chamomile essential oil to rub on your forehead while sleeping so that it can help in reducing stress so you can sleep properly.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) – Chamomile extracts or chamomile oil can be used as a short-term treatement of generalized anxiety. Over the course of eight weeks, 58.1% of participants reported reduced anxiety symptoms. Anxiety disorders are linked with low morning levels of a hormone called cortisol. The chamomile therapy not only reduces the symptoms of anxiety but also increases the morning cortisol levels.
- Skin irritation – Due to the increase in daily pollution, our skin develops many problems such as eczema, rashes, etc. So, to protect our skin from bacterial and fungal diseases, we can use creams and moisturizers infused with chamomile essential oil. It has anti-inflammatory and calming properties which also help in soothing your complexion. It also reignites the radiance of your face and gives you scar-free skin. Also, it is used to treat redness and swelling of your skin.
- Pain relief – Diluted chamomile essential oil can be applied directly on skin for treating osteoarthritis, arthritis, muscle pain, etc. It significantly reduces the need of any other pain-relief medication if applied properly and regularly. It is also effective in carpal tunnel syndrome. Chamomile extract or chamomile oil is widely used in toothpaste to treat mouth-related problems like swollen gums, mouth ulcers and other gum infections.
- For hairs – Chamomile oil when mixed with a carrier oil like coconut oil, gives you smooth and shiny hairs. Its regular application on scalp reduces dandruff and scalp itchiness. Also helpful in reducing hair fall by nourishing your scalp. It also enriches your hair color, mostly blonde hair color. You can even mix it with henna to give your hairs a muted-blond tone.