Rosehip oil is prepared from the fruit of a rosebush. When the petals of rose flowers get dried and the flower is left on the bush, then that bright reddish-orange spherical fruit from which petals are attached is known as rosehip. Rosehips are edible and has some great medicinal properties due to which it is highly used in cosmetic industry to manufacture products like facewash, face gel, serums and most importantly essential oils. Read this blog to know more about the benefits of rosehip essential oil.
Some varieties of rose such as Rosa rugose and Rosa canina produce rosehips of highest quality. In general, rosehips are full of vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids. While selecting rosehip essential oil, make sure that you’re buying a good quality product from a trusted manufacturer like Puja Perfumery as we provide pure and natural rosehip essential oil.
How does Rosehip Essential Oil works?
- linoleic acid – Helps in reducing overall cholesterol and supports heart health. Also, provides moisture and plumpness to skin.
- oleic acid – Its anti-inflammatory properties helps in wound healing and balances the skin.
- gamma linolenic acid – Helps in reducing high blood pressure and helps in reducing skin disorders.
- palmitic acid – Helps in cleansing and locks the moisture of the skin
Benefits of rosehip essential oil -
1. For Skin
- It is believed that rosehip oil is a great source of vitamin C and is a safe product for skin. Due to its richness in vitamin C content, it possess antioxidant properties that helps in reducing the damage done by ultraviolet rays.
- It also supports collagen production that helps in reducing wrinkles.
- Also helps in wound healing and prevents dry skin.
- It helps in reducing hyperpigmentation.
- Also helps in reducing the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- Helps in locking the moisture of skin and reduces acne giving you a soft and supple skin.
You can use rosehip oil on your face twice in a day for better results. First, cleanse your face with a gentle facewash and then take 2-3 drops of Puja Perfumery’s Rosehip Essential Oil in your palm (quantity of oil may vary depending on the area where you’ve to apply) and mix it either with a coconut oil or your favorite moisturizer and apply on your face and neck and massage gently for upto 5 minutes in upward direction. It can even be mixed with vitamin E oil to increase its nourishing properties.
2. For Arthritis
3. For Skin Ailments
Skin disorders like dry-flaky skin and eczema are quite common nowadays. Regular use of rosehip oil reduces these ailments making your skin scar-free, smooth and nourished. Its anti-inflammatory properties helps in reducing the itchiness, redness and pain. It also moisturizes the skin when applied with moisturizer which prevents your skin from drying out. The quality content of vitamin A and C helps in restoring the elasticity of skin. For treating rosacea, mix few drops of rosehip oil with grapeseed oil or almond oil and apply on the affected areas daily before taking a bath. Similarly, other skin issues such as hyperpigmentation and keratosis pilaris can be treated.
4. For Burns And Bruises
5. Heals Dry And Cracked Lips
6. Improves Nail Health And Enhances Eyelashes
7. Reduce Stretch Marks
8. Boost Hair Growth
The essential fatty acids of rosehip oil can repair damaged hair follicles and scalp tissues that promotes healthy hair growth. The oil also moisturizes your hair and scalp and prevents it from further drying, hence it can also control dandruff. It can be used as a scalp tonic as it has so many antibacterial properties.
Side effects of rosehip essential oil -
- rashes on skin
- blisters and burns
- itchy and watery eyes