Essential Oils For Ramadan
Various Uses Of Essential Oils During Ramadan
1. Relief in Headaches and Dizziness
Peppermint oil is considered a natural remedy for headaches and you can use it in variety of ways.
- Put few drops of peppermint essential oil in a diffuser or a vaporiser for instant effects.
- You can even inhale it by sprinkling some drops on a tissue.
- Mix with carrier oils such as coconut oil, jojoba oil or almond oil and apply on temples for extra comfort.
2. Improves Digestion
Some people overindulge during iftar which is totally not recommended even in normal days. As it is always said that you should keep your breakfast as light as possible, similarly it is important to prepare your iftar in such a way that it is lighter and healthier – full of all the necessary vitamins, minerals and carbs. Eat healthy and eat in required amount during iftar as overeating can cause bloating, indigestion, gas or abdmonial pain. Both orange oil and peppermint oil can be used to treat this.
- Dilute few drops of either oil with a carrier oil and massage on to your stomach for relief.
- You can even mix 2-3 drops of peppermint oil in a glass of water which will be beneficial for gas related problem.
3. Helps to re-energize and rejuvenate
As the day passes, you sometimes feel lethargic which lowers your concentration and reduces your will to work. Use our pure essential oils, such as lemon oil, orange oil or peppermint oil to regain your energy. Peppermint oil has cooling properties, so it will also help in maintainig the body temperature.
- For a quick effect, inhale either of the oil for some time.
- Dilute some drops of oil with a carrier oil and apply on back of your neck for extra relief.
- For cooling effect, mix some drops of peppermint oil with water in a spray bottle and use it for your face and neck.
- After applying any citrus oil – orange oil or lemon oil, avoid going in sunlight as they are photosensitive. Also, these oils are rich in vitamin C, so you can apply them on your face to reduce blemishes and pigmentation.
4. Boost Focus
To help you focus during Ramadan, we have some useful essential oils for you. Intermittent fasting and changes in eating schedule affects your focus and concentration. You can inhale some frankincense oil, lemon oil or peppermint oil. Bergamot oil is also highly used for increasing motivation.
5. Enhancing your mood and uplifting your spirits
Use bergamot oil, frankincense oil, lavender oil, lemon oil, peppermint oil, or vanilla oil when you feel stressed or irritated. These oils calms your mind and uplifts your mood and simply helps in balancing your emotions and promotes sleep. You can even use ylang ylang oil to help you sleep peacefully.