Attar which is also popular by the name Ittar is derived from the botanical plants. It is also an essential oil that is booming with the scented essence of the plants from which the compound was extracted.
There is an entire process for its extraction which is followed for correctly extracting the essential oil, scent, or Attar from a botanical plant. Generally, the compound goes through hydro distillation or steam.
Attar or Ittar takes a massive amount of time approximately around 10-12 years to get transformed into the final product. The secret behind this is to age the compound after distillation of it in a wood base, for instance, Sandalwood.
The aging might range from one to 10 years that produces the aromatic and fragrant smell which is majorly renowned by the name attar or Ittar. Attar is made by distillation of flower petals in water under pressure and steam.
There is a wide range of attars that are manufactured using resins, wood, exotic flowers, and even spices. Numerous types of attars are used in the form of perfume, but these are also used for aphrodisiac and medicinal purposes.
People give preference to warm attars in the winter season for instance which are made using musk, amber, and saffron. The reason is that it is a belief that these enhance the temperature of the body.
Similarly, cold Ittar for instance, kewda, jasmine, rose, or khus can serve you with coolness and a refreshing feeling during the summer season.
5 Benefits of Attar
Attar which is manufactured using essential oils comes with a fragrance that can capture the attention of people around you and captivate you. When you open the packed bottle of Attar, the scent of sweet oil will freshen up you whole respiratory tract of the wearer and those who are residing around you.
Aromatherapy is renowned for healing problems with the help of its aroma. It serves you with relaxation benefits because of ingredients, for instance, wood, spices, flowers, etc.
These natural ingredients are soothing for the human mind and assist in relieving ailments, for instance, depression, headaches, and stress.
- Elevates Mood
There are different impacts of different types of attar on the mood of a person. Because of this the fragrance in any form whether it is deodorants, body mist, perfume, or any Attar is applied when people go to dates, parties, etc.
Your favorite scents come with a diverse impact on your brain. It has been proved that these scents travel through your brain that alter your signals and brain waves for reducing the levels of cortisol which is a hormone in charge of stress levels, metabolism, blood sugar levels, memory, and high blood pressure.
- Relaxation in Headache
There is a diverse range of essential oils that are popular for assisting people with frequent headaches. For instance, peppermint oil is the best remedy for providing relief from headaches. It is most commonly used for the treatment of migraine attacks and headaches.
The secret behind this is menthol which comes with the capability of relaxing muscles and easing the pain. Other effective oils are inclusive of rosemary, eucalyptus, chamomile, lavender, etc.
- Enhances Confidence
Since aromas from Attar come with an excessive effect on the brain and entire mood, there is a major impact of it on the way you carry it around your confidence.
You are only required to go with the scent that you like most and that connects with your deeper emotional self. When you put on the scent you will love it and will also be extremely comfortable with it which is just sufficient for generating a sense of self-confidence.
Given below are some benefits of some special types of attar for you to choose from:
- Benefits of Khus Attar: Khus Attar comes with an earthy and smoky scent that serves soothing, calming, and relaxing benefits. These Attars are also perfect for those people who are looking to destress and unwind.
- Benefits of Sandalwood Attar: One can make use of Sandalwood Attar in the form of an astringent for the treatment of headache, stomach ache, etc., and in the form of antiseptic.
- Benefits of Majuma Attar: Majuma Attar can serve your body with medicinal benefits along with rejuvenating properties.
Uses of Attar
Here, you can find out the Uses of Attar:
- Ittars or natural Attars are natural perfumed oils that are used in the form of fragrant materials.
- You can directly apply attars to the body along with your clothes. Attars are highly concentrated and thus, you can use them in an extremely small quantity.
- Attars are used for Puja offerings during numerous rituals and ceremonies.
- One can also make use of attar for the treatment of ailments for instance cold & cough, asthma, dizziness, body pains, etc.
How Should I Apply Attar?
- You can apply attar inside each of your wrists and you can also dab a little bit of attar behind each earlobe with the inside of your wrists before it gets dried. The attar will get dried down in a few minutes after which you will experience its charming scent. You may also opt for applying attar to the back of your every knee so the fragrance would envelop you.
- You can add a few drops of attar to the water and use it with aromatic vapor lamps.
- One can also make use of attar with cold drinks, for instance, milk to serve fragrance.
- You can mix some particular attars with unscented lotions or massage oils and can also use them for massaging the entire body for health and relaxation.
- Apart from this, you can apply attar on lighted-charcoal tablets for serving with a fragrance to your surrounding. There is a strong impact of attars on the person, particularly on his emotions.
Different Types of Attars
We can broadly categorize attars into the following types on the basis of ingredients used:
- Floral Attar
These types of attars are manufactured by making use of flowers, for instance, Kewra, Gulab, Motla, Gulhania, Kadam, and Chameli
- Herbal Attar
Herbal attars are a mixture of herbs, flowers, and spices for instance Musk Amber, Amber, and Musk Hina
The classification of attars can also be done based on their effect on the human body such as warm attars, amber, Kesar or saffron, Oud, and Musk. All these attars are used in the winter season because they enhance the temperature of the body.
On the other hand, Cool attars, for instance, Kewda, Khus, Jasmine, Rose, and Mogra are used in summers for keeping the body cool.